1. The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2. a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services, and agricultural settings. With its October 2016 acquisition of Sensus, Xylem added smart metering, network technologies and advanced data analytics for water, gas and electric utilities to its portfolio of solutions. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com.
Experience and Innovation
Since 1945, analytical instrumentation has been developed and produced in Meinsberg. Sensortechnik Meinsberg stemmed in 1990 from the Meinsberg research institute and continued the successful tradition at the location Meinsberg in Saxony. The founder of the research institute was Prof. Kurt Schwabe. The team of engineers and technicians combines years of specialised experience in electrochemistry with electrode and sensor design as well as laboratory, field and online instrumentation.
Today the Kurt-Schwabe research institute, which is based in the vicinity, is a strong partner for an innovative connection between research and practice.
Meinsberg Electrodes have been a synonym for innovation, high quality standard and custom-specific design. Sensortechnik Meinsberg develops and produce a wide range of electrochemical sensors for application in industry, water technology and laboratory analysis.
- pH and redox (ORP) electrodes, ion-selective electrodes
- Conductivity cells
- Dissolved oxygen and chlorine measuring sensors
- Standard solutions, electrolytes
Meinsberg process, laboratory and field analytical instrumentation fulfil all requirements for measurement and process control in analytical technique reliably.
- Multi parameter measuring systems combine a high level of functionality with custom-specific problem solutions
- Laboratory measuring systems for corrosion research, education and quality assurance
Sensortechnik Meinsberg plans, designs, manufactures and realises complete system solutions for measurement and control in close cooperation with the customer.
- Quality monitoring systems for drinking, raw and process water
- Monitoring stations for river dams, rivers and lakes
- Supervision and control of sewage treatment plants
- Swimming pool water treatment plants
All development and manufacture work for electrodes, sensors, instrumentations and process housings is done in Meinsberg / Saxony. This is an important feature for customised special and OEM products.
Service and Quality
Sensortechnik Meinsberg offers a complete range of customer services, from conception and detailed planning, delivery and assembly right through to the initial operational stage. Consulting, installation, technical support, product backup, training, setting into work, periodical maintenance as well as test, calibration and verification of instrumentation are integral parts of these activities and secure long lasting and successful associations with the customers. In 1993 the company was distinguished with the Innovation Prize of Saxony and got the recognition as a specialized company for planning, mounting and servicing of water and waste water plants in accordance with the German law § 19 l WHG. Since 1998, the quality management system of Sensortechnik Meinsberg is certified to DIN EN ISO 9001.
- 1945 Prof. Kurt Schwabe established the Meinsberg Research Institute
- 1990 Sensortechnik Meinsberg GmbH stemmed from the Meinsberg Research Institute
- 2006 Nova Analytics Corp. acquired Sensortechnik Meinsberg GmbH
- 2010 ITT acquired Nova Analytics Co. and integrated it as ITT Analytics into the company
- 2011 ITT Corp. splits into three companies - Sensortechnik Meinsberg GmbH is now part of Xylem Inc.
- 2016 Sensortechnik Meinsberg operates now as Xylem Analytics Germany Sales GmbH & Co. KG